Welcome! I’m Jennifer and I’m so glad you’ve found your way here.
A Life Less Cluttered is the journey of finding order in the chaos, learning that no is a complete sentence, organizing and generally removing all the clutter from life. Why? I’m in the midst of my own transformation. I know what it feels like to live an overcommitted, cluttered life and feel that you’re not focusing on what truly matters the most to you. Through tools, strategies, systems and learning to flip the bird at other people’s expectations I’ve been able to spend more time with the those I love and doing the activities that feed my soul.
My goal is to help you find what will work for you. No two journeys will be the same since no two women have the same commitments, goals or struggles. I will explore many different ideas and methods in the hopes that a few will resonate with you.
Let’s take this journey together. I’ll share some of my favorite tips and I look forward to hearing about what works for you. This is a give and take relationship.
10 facts to help you get to know me:
- I’m married to my best friend Shane and mom of three boys (14, 17 and 20).
- I’m a recovering Type-A workaholic. Okay, “recovering” is a term used loosely.
- Organizing has always come easy but maintaining hasn’t. That’s why I believe in systems.
- I LOVE Technology. Technology has the ability to simplify our lives, but you have to find what works for you and ignore the rest. Avoiding S.O.S. (shiny object syndrome) is a struggle and I still feel there is a time and place for analog systems.
- I tend to over commit. Saying no is my weakness but I’m strengthening my muscles.
- My husband and I are BIG goal setters. We didn’t have the easiest time in the beginning (stories for another day and a glass bottle of wine), but we set goals, reached them, set bigger goals and have kept moving forward.
- There’s a soundtrack to my life. I can’t function without music. Lyrics speak to my soul, match my mood, help me express what I’m feeling and give me clarity.
- I’m a walking contradiction. A tomboy that loves football (Go Broncos!), wheeling and crabbing but would like to do it all in a pair of heels carrying a Kate Spade. An extrovert who has never met a stranger but enjoy the solitude of a day spent with just me, a movie and my sewing machine.
- I’m a list making junkie. That’s probably obvious by the fact that my About section is a list but honestly, my lists have lists.
- Cocktails are my love language. I ask for the signature drink everywhere we visit. It’s how I learn about the locals and the vibe of a place. I even attended bartending school recently just for the hell of it.
So, grab a cocktail (or beverage of your choice) and let’s begin living A Life Less Cluttered!