Another month has come and gone but Fall is officially here. WOOHOO!!!!
The season of football, cozy sweaters, leaves changing, burning my spiced apple candles and not looking crazy. Yes, Fall is my favorite season.
It’s also the season of sitting at cold, rainy soccer games and putting the boat in storage. Not my favorite things.
In fact, that’s what happened this last weekend. Shane got a wild hair that since we were taking the boat back to storage it was also time to clean out the garage. And by clean out, I mean completely empty, sort, purge and then pressure wash and bug spray. So yes, our last weekend was fun filled but now all our cars are back in the garage for the rainy season. That may not feel like a big deal to you but to me, that’s huge. I’m the one that loses my garage spot when the boat comes home for the summer.
September was a busy month and feels like it flew by. I also don’t feel like I achieved as much as I would have liked to. Our oldest moved out into his own apartment with a roommate and this mama cried – a lot. We also went to the Dierks Bentley and Tucker Beathard concert, hosted a terrific Labor Day BBQ for 40+ people, took a donation of beautiful handmade quilts to the Wishing Well Foundation and I changed jobs internally at work. Plus, we’ve had a really sick kiddo for almost a week (even spent a day at the Children’s Hospital) which definitely makes you hit the pause button. Thankfully he’s on the mend and October is going to be amazing.
So how did I do on my September goals?
- Drink 64oz of water a day – Not even close. I’ll do better this month though.
- Workout 3x per week – I got close but this last week dashed my dreams. Let me say I LOVE our new Bowflex Max Trainer. It’s kicking my butt.
- Spend a few minutes each day in silence and reflection – Still a work in progress. See October’s goals below.
Practice Gratitude daily Launch Blog – ALifeLessCluttered.comYES!!
- Establish editorial calendar – I did but then realized that method didn’t work for me, so I’m changing it up.
Clean and organize bonus room Take donation to Wishing Well Foundation
- Drink 64oz of water a day
- Workout 3x per week
- Spend a few minutes each day in silence and reflection – I’m going to try using the Headspace app this month. I’ll let you know what I think.
- Try a new restaurant for date night
- Hit 400 Pinterest followers (That may not seem like much to some but we’re taking baby steps people)
- Publish 1 blog post/week
- Create my first printable
- Start commenting on others blogs – Minimum 5/week. I’m a stalker, I read and don’t comment. Now that I have a blog I understand how much you want to interact with your readers so I’m going to pay it forward and leave comments.
- Read 2 non-fiction books
- Take a Tableau course through Coursera or Lynda.com
- Create my X-Mas shopping list, take stock of what I’ve already purchased and buy/make minimum of 3 presents. No procrastination this year, I’m getting ahead of the game.
What are your goals this month? Leave them in the comments so we can all help support you.